Richard Gere Biography
Richard Gere is an American actor. He came to prominence with his role in the film American Gigolo (1980), which established him as a leading man and a sex symbol. Richard started acting in films in the 1970s where he played a supporting role in Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977) and a starring role in Days of Heaven (1978).
Richard continued on to star in many well-received films, including An Officer and a Gentleman (1982), The Cotton Club (1984), Pretty Woman (1990), Sommersby (1993), Primal Fear (1996), Runaway Bride (1999), I’m Not There (2007), Arbitrage (2012) and Norman: The Moderate Rise and Tragic Fall of a New York Fixer (2016). For portraying Billy Flynn in the Academy Award-winning musical Chicago (2002), he won a Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award as part of the cast.
Richard Gere Age | How Old Is Richard Gere
Richard was born on August 31, 1949 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is 70 years old as of 2019.
How Tall Is Richard Gere | Richard Gere Height
Richard stands at a height of 1.8 m.
Richard Gere Family | Richard Gere Young | Richard Gere Parents
Richard was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is the son of Doris Ann (née Tiffany, 1924–2016), was a housewife. His father, Homer George Gere (1922-), was an insurance agent for the Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and had originally intended to become a minister. Gere is their eldest son and second child.
His paternal great-grandfather had changed the spelling of the surname from “Geer”. Both of his parents were Mayflower descendants; Gere’s ancestors include Pilgrims Francis Eaton, John Billington, George Soule, Richard Warren, Degory Priest, Francis Cooke, and William Brewster.
In 1967, Gere graduated from North Syracuse Central High School, where he excelled at gymnastics and music, and played the trumpet. He attended the University of Massachusetts Amherst on a gymnastics scholarship, majoring in philosophy, but he left after two years and did not graduate.
Richard Gere Wife | Richard Gere Children | Is Richard Gere Married | Richard Gere And Alejandra Silva | Richard Gere Baby
In early April 2018, he married Spanish activist Alejandra Silva. As per August 2018, the couple was expecting their first child. A baby boy who was born in February 2019. On November 5, 2019 it was reported that Richard and his wife, Alejandra, are expecting their second child together. This will be the third child for both Alejandra and Richard. Richard shares a son, Homer, with ex-wife Carey Lowell, while Alejandra has a son named Albert from a previous marriage.
Richard Gere Glasses | Richard Gere Haircut | Richard Gere HairstyleRichard Gere photos
Richard Gere Wife Name | Richard Gere Wife Age
Richard’s wife is known as Alejandra Maria Silva Garcia- Baquero. She was born on 16 February 1983 in La Coruña, Spain. She is 36 years old as of 2019. As of 2016, Silva continues her activism in non-profit organization and supports The Rais Foundation for the Homeless.
Richard Gere Ex Wife | Richard Gere Divorce | Richard Gere Carey Lowell
Gere was married to supermodel Cindy Crawford from 1991-95. In November 2002, he married model and actress Carey Lowell. They have a son, Homer James Jigme Gere, who was born in February 2000 and is named for his grandfathers as well as the Tibetan name Jigme.
In September 2013, the two separated after 11 years of marriage. The couple spent three years in highly contested divorce proceedings in New York County Supreme Court. The case was settled in October 2016.
How Many Kids Does Richard Gere Have |Richard Gere Son
Richard has one kid with Kindy a son known as Homer James Jigme Gere, who was born in February 2000 and is named for his grandfathers as well as the Tibetan name Jigme.
Richard Gere Films | Richard Gere Movies
Films From Year 2011 To 2017
- 2017 – The Dinner as Stan Lohman
- 2017 – Three Christs as Dr. Alan Stone
- 2016 – Norman: The Moderate Rise and Tragic Fall of a New York Fixer as Norman Oppenheimer
- 2015 – The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel as Guy Chambers
- 2015 – The Benefactor as Franny
- 2014 – Henry & Me as Henry (voice)
- 2014 – Time Out of Mind as George Hammond
- 2013 – Movie 43 as Boss
- 2012 – Arbitrage as Robert Miller
- 2011 – The Double as Paul Shepherdson
Films From Year 2000 To 2009
- 2009 – Amelia as George Putnam
- 2009 – Hachi: A Dog’s Tale as Parker Wilson
- 2009 – Brooklyn’s Finest as Eddie Dugan
- 2008 – Nights in Rodanthe as Dr. Paul Flanner
- 2007 – The Hunting Party as Simon
- 2007 – I’m Not There as Bob Dylan as Billy The Kid
- 2007 – The Flock as Agent Erroll Babbage
- 2006 – The Hoax as Clifford Irving
- 2005 – Bee Season as Saul Naumann
- 2004 – Shall We Dance? as John Clark
- 2002 – The Mothman Prophecies as John Klein
- 2002 – Unfaithful as Edward Sumner
- 2002 – Chicago as William “Billy” Flynn
- 2000 – Dr. T & the Women as Dr. T
- 2000 – Autumn in New York as Will Keane
Films From Year 1990 To 1999
- 1999 – Runaway Bride as Ike Graham
- 1997 – The Jackal as Declan Joseph Mulqueen
- 1997 – Red Corner as Jack Moore
- 1996 – Primal Fear as Martin Vail
- 1995 – First Knight as Lancelot
- 1994 – Intersection as Vincent Eastman
- 1993 – Mr. Jones as Mr. Jones
- 1993 – Sommersby as John Robert ‘Jack’ Sommersby
- 1993 – And the Band Played On as The Choreographer
- 1992 – Final Analysis as Dr. Isaac Barr
- 1991 – Rhapsody in August as Clark
- 1990 – Internal Affairs as Dennis Peck
- 1990 – Pretty Woman as Edward Lewis
Films From Year 1975 To 1988
- 1988 – Miles from Home as Frank Roberts, Jr.
- 1986 – No Mercy as Eddie Jillette
- 1986 – Power as Pete St. John
- 1985 – King David as David
- 1984 – The Cotton Club as Dixie Dwyer
- 1983 – The Honorary Consul as Dr. Eduardo Plarr
- 1983 – Breathless as Jesse Lujack
- 1982 – An Officer and a Gentleman as Zack Mayo
- 1980 – American Gigolo as Julian Kaye
- 1979 – Yanks as Matt Dyson
- 1978 – Bloodbrothers as Thomas Stony De Coco
- 1978 – Days of Heaven as Bill
- 1977 – Looking for Mr. Goodbar as Tony Lopanto
- 1976 – Baby Blue Marine as Raider
- 1975 – Report to the Commissioner as Billy
- 1975 – Strike Force as Officer Walter C. Spenser
Richard Gere Tv Shows
- 2019 MotherFatherSon Max Finch
- 2014 Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey Clair Cameron Patterson
- 2001 The Simpsons Himself
- 1993 And the Band Played On The Choreographer
- 1976 Kojak Geno Papas
- 1975 Strike Force Officer Walter C. Spenser
- 1975 Chelsea D.H.O. Milo
Richard Gere Gerbil | Richard Gere Mouse
Mike Walker, a National Enquirer gossip columnist, spent months attempting to verify the gerbilling rumors about Richard Gere. “I’ve never worked harder on a story in my life,” Walker told the Palm Beach Post in 1995.
Gerbilling, also known as gerbil stuffing or gerbil shooting, or occasionally as “Gere-ing”, is a rumoured sexual practice of inserting small live animals (usually gerbils but also mice, hamsters, rats and various other rodents) into the human rectum to obtain stimulation. Some variations of reports suggest that the rodent be covered in a psychoactive substance such as cocaine prior to being inserted.
Richard Gere Net Worth
Richard has an estimated net worth of $100 million.
What Happened To Richard Gere
Richard was banned from being an Academy Award presenter in 1993, after he denounced the Chinese government in his capacity while announcing the nominees.
Richard Gere New Movies | Latest Movies
- Three Christs
- The Dinner
Richard Gere Religion
Gere was raised Methodist. His interest in Buddhism began when he was in his 20s. He first studied Zen Buddhism under Kyozan Joshu Sasaki. After having studied Zen for five or six years, in 1978 he traveled with the Brazilian painter Sylvia Martins to Nepal, where he met many Tibetan monks and lamas.
He then met the 14th Dalai Lama in India and became a practicing Tibetan Buddhist of the Gelugpa school of Tibetan Buddhism and an active supporter of the Dalai Lama. Gere regularly visits Dharamshala, the headquarters of the Tibetan government-in-exile.
Richard Gere First Movie
His first film he played a supporting role in Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977) and a starring role in Days of Heaven (1978)
Richard Gere Homeless
Time Out of Mind is a 2014 American drama film written and directed by Oren Moverman and starring Richard Gere, Jena Malone, Ben Vereen, Kyra Sedgwick, and Steve Buscemi. It was released on September 11, 2015, by IFC Films.
Richard Gere Dead
Richard is still alive.
Richard Gere Best Movies
- Pretty Woman – 1990
- An Officer and a gentleman – 1982
- Primal Fear – 1996
- American Gigolo – 1980
- Shall We Dance? – 1004
Richard Gere Musical
Gere is an accomplished musician, composing and performing the Pretty Woman piano theme and a guitar solo in Runaway Bride. He learned tap dance for Chicago and karate for An Officer and a Gentleman.
Richard Gere Grease
His first major acting role was in the original London stage version of Grease in 1973. A musical by Jim Jacobs and Warren Casey. Named after the 1950s United States working-class youth subculture known as greasers, the musical is set in 1959 at fictional Rydell High School (based on William Howard Taft School in Chicago, Illinois and follows ten working-class teenagers as they navigate the complexities of peer pressure, politics, personal core values, a
Richard Gere Romance Movies
- Pretty Woman – 1990
- An Officer and a Gentleman- 1982
- Shall We Dance – 2004
- Runaway Bride – 1999
- American Gigolo – 1980
- Sommersby – 1993
The Double Richard Gere
The Double is a 2011 American spy film, directed by Michael Brandt and starring Richard Gere and Topher Grace. It was released on October 28, 2011. The film garnered a negative reception from critics.
Richard Gere Ethnicity
He has English and small amounts of Scots-Irish (northern Irish), Welsh, Dutch, Scottish and French ancestry. He has deep roots in the state of Pennsylvania, and is also a Mayflower descendant, with American roots going back to Massachusetts of the 1600s
Richard Gere Quotes
- The drive for happiness is vital; it’s what keeps us in motion.
- Sometimes I’m kind of spacey. I’m like Ferdinand the bull, sniffing the daisy, not aware of time, of what’s going on in the real world.
- Everyone responds to kindness.
- When someone has a strong intuitive connection, Buddhism suggests that it’s because of karma, some past connection.
- I meditate. Daily practice is essential to my life.
When someone has a strong intuitive connection, Buddhism suggests that it’s because of karma, some past connection.
- I’m not that tough; I’m not that smart. I need life telling me who I am, showing me my mind constantly. I wouldn’t see it in a cave.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/richard_gere_367781
Unfaithful Richard Gere
Unfaithful is a 2002 thriller drama film directed by Adrian Lyne. It stars Richard, Diane Lane, Olivier Martinez, Erik Per Sullivan, Chad Lowe and Dominic Chianese. The film was adapted by Alvin Sargent and William Broyles Jr. from the 1969 French film The Unfaithful Wife (La Femme infidèle) by the noted director Claude Chabrol. It is based on the story of a couple living in suburban New York City whose marriage goes dangerously awry when the wife indulges in an adulterous affair with a stranger she encounters by chance.
The film earned $52 million in North America and a total of $119,137,784 worldwide. In spite of mixed reviews overall, Lane received much praise for her performance. She won awards for best actress from the National Society of Film Critics and New York Film Critics, and was nominated for a Golden Globe and an Academy Award for Best Actress
Richard Gere Chicago
Chicago is a 2002 musical crime comedy-drama film. The film is based on the stage-musical of the same name, exploring the themes of celebrity, scandal, and corruption in Chicago during the Jazz Age. It stars Renée Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Richard.
Chicago revolves around Velma Kelly (Zeta-Jones) and Roxie Hart (Zellweger), two murderesses who find themselves in jail together awaiting trial in 1920s Chicago. Velma, a vaudevillian, and Roxie, a housewife, fight for the fame that will keep them from the gallows.
The film is Directed and choreographed by Rob Marshall, and adapted by screenwriter Bill Condon, with music by John Kander and lyrics by Fred Ebb. It won six Academy Awards in 2003, including Best Picture. It was critically lauded, and was the first musical to win Best Picture since Oliver! in 1968.
Breathless Richard Gere
Breathless is a 1983 drama film. It is directed by Jim McBride and written by McBride and L. M. Kit Carson. The film stars Richard and Valérie Kaprisky. It is a remake of the 1960 French film directed by Jean-Luc Godard and written by Jean-Luc Godard and François Truffaut, À bout de souffle (known as Breathless in English). The film was released in France under the title A Bout de Souffle Made in USA.
Richard Gere Dog
Hachi: A Dog’s Tale is a 2009 drama film. The film is Based on the true story of a faithful Akita Inu, the titular Hachikō. It is directed by Lasse Hallström, written by Stephen P. Lindsey and Kaneto Shindo. The film stars Richard Gere, Joan Allen and Sarah Roemer. It is a remake of the 1987 Japanese film Hachikō Monogatari.
Richard Gere Norman
Richard stars in Norman Oppenheimer a small time operator who befriends a young politician at a low point in his life. Three years later, when the politician becomes an influential world leader, Norman’s life dramatically changes for better and worse.
Richard Gere Dance | Richard Gere Tango
Shall We Dance? is a 2004 romantic comedy-drama film directed by Peter Chelsom and starring Richard ,Jennifer Lopez, and Susan Sarandon. The film is a remake of the 1996 Japanese film of the same name.
Richard Gere Tibet
Gere has now said his lack of roles has to do with his criticism of China’s occupation of Tibet. In his opinion, Hollywood is fearful of offending China which is now the second-biggest box-office market in the world.
“There are definitely movies that I can’t be in because the Chinese will say, ‘Not with him,’ ” he told Hollywood Reporter. “I recently had an episode where someone said they could not finance a film with me because it would upset the Chinese
Richard Gere Cancer
Richard starred in Autumn in New York a 2000 romantic drama film directed by Joan Chen. The film also stars Winona Ryder, and Anthony LaPaglia. It was written by Allison Burnett. It follows a successful middle-aged restaurateur and womanizer who falls in love with a sweet young woman who is terminally ill.
Lancelot Richard Gere
Richard starred First Knight as Lancelot.
Richard Gere Twitter
Richard Gere Instagram