Edward Norton Biography / Who Is Edward Norton
Edward Norton, born Edward Harrison Norton, is an award-winning American actor and filmmaker. He has been nominated for three Academy Awards for his various works in the film industry. He has also directed and co-written various notable films. He is also known to be an environmental and social activist.
He is the is president of the American branch of the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust. He also raises money for charity through Crowdrise, a social networking community for volunteers and a micro-donations fundraising platform.
Edward Norton Age / How Old Is Edward Norton
He was born on the 18th of August 1969 in Boston. Massachusetts. As of 2018, he is 49 years old.
Edward Norton Height / How Tall Is Edward Norton
He stands at a height of 6ft 0 (1.83 m) as of 2018.
Edward Norton Family
He was born to Edward Norton Jr a Marine lieutenant later an environmental lawyer and conservation advocate, as well as a federal prosecutor and Lydia Robinson, an English teacher. He has two younger siblings, Molly, and Jim with whom he has worked with occasionally.
Edward Norton Wife / Girlfriend
Norton first dated Courtney Love, then later Salma Hayek for some years. He then proposed to Canadian film producer Shauna Robertson, after six years of dating, in 2011 and in 2012, they married.
Edward Norton Children / Kids
The couple has one child, Atlas, whom they bore in 2013.
Edward Norton Career
In his first film, he played as an altar boy charged of murder of a Roman Catholic archbishop in the film Primal Fear in 1996. For his role, he received many positive remarks as well as a Golden Globe and an Academy Award nomination. In 1998, he again got nominated for an Academy Award for his portrayal of Derek Vinyard in the film American History X. He first directed the movie Keeping the Faith in 2000 in which he starred opposite Ben Stiller and Jenna Elfman.
He starred in the film The Incredible Hulk in 2008. He then attempted to re-write the film on his own but was unsuccessful. He was supposed to star again as the Hulk in The Avengers in 2012 but was replaced due to his disagreements with Marvel on Salary issues as well as their lack of collaboration and teamwork. He played in Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) and was nominated for an Academy Award for his role on the film as Mike Shiner.
He was directing Motherless Brooklyn on February 2014, a New York City firefighter died on the set while attending to a fire in the basement of a Harlem apartment. A lawsuit worth $7million was filed against his production company alleging that it acted with recklessness, carelessness, and negligence.
Edward Norton Films / Movies / Filmography
Alita: Battle Angel
Isle of Dogs
Little Door Gods
Yu Lei (voice)
Sammy Bagel Jr. (voice)
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
Scout Master Randy Ward
The Bourne Legacy
Thanks for Sharing
Leaves of Grass
Bill Kincaid / Brady Kincaid
Gerald “Stone” Creeson
By the People: The Election of Barack Obama
The Invention of Lying
The Incredible Hulk
Bruce Banner / The Hulk
Pride and Glory
The Painted Veil
Kingdom of Heaven
King Baldwin IV
Down in the Valley
Harlan Fairfax Carruthers
The Italian Job
Death to Smoochy
Sheldon Mopes / Smoochy the Rhino
Keeping the Faith
Father Brian Finn
Lester “Worm” Murphy
American History X
Aaron Stampler / Roy
Everyone Says I Love You
The People vs. Larry Flynt
Edward Norton Television
The Comedy Central Roast
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
Saturday Night Live
Edward Norton Awards
- 2015, Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture.
- 2015, Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Acting Ensemble.
- 2014, Best Supporting Actor award at the San Francisco Film Critics Circle.
- 2014, Best Performance by an Ensemble award at the San Diego Film Critics Society.
- Best Supporting Actor award at the National Board of Review in 2014.
- A satellite Award for Best Actor – Drama in 1999.
- Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture in 1997.
- Two Most Promising Actor awards at the Chicago Film Critics Association in 1997.
- A Best Supporting Actor award at the National Board of Review in 1997.
- A Best Supporting Actor award at the Online Film Critics Society in 1997.
- Three Best Supporting Actor awards at the Boston Society of Film Critics in 1996.
- Three Best Supporting Actor awards at the Florida Film Critics Circle in 1996.
- Three Best Supporting Actor awards at the Los Angeles Film Critics Association in 1996.
- Two Best Supporting Actor awards at the Society of Texas Film Critics in 1996.
Edward Norton Net Worth
Over the years, Norton has accumulated a total net worth estimate of $80 million as of 2018.
Edward Norton Quotes
- Duality is not a story. Duality is just a complexity.
- The more you can create that magic bubble, that suspension of disbelief, for a while, the better.
- Life, like poker, has an element of risk. It shouldn’t be avoided. It should be faced.
- Instead of telling the world what you’re eating for breakfast, you can use social networking to do something that’s meaningful.
- Fame is very corrosive and you have to guard very strictly against it.
- I have this embedded faith in the process through which films of a certain type get discovered on longer timelines.
- In a drama, I think, the audience is a willing participant. It’s suspending a certain kind of disbelief to try to get something out of a story.
Read more at https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/edward_norton
Edward Norton Facebook
Edward Norton Twitter
Edward Norton Instagram